Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"NABJ 2011"-The City of Brotherly Love

(Philadelphia, PA.) August 2nd--It's official, National Association of Black Journalist Convention 2011 is officially underway!  It's been really cool running into some of my former colleagues in the industry.  When I boarded the plane to Atlanta, there were several people sporting their shirts from previous NABJ conventions.  The coolest "blast from the past" was when I boarded the plane from Atlanta to Philly and I heard someone call my name.  Rod Carter, Morning Anchor for WFLA in Tampa and I worked at competing stations in Birmingham, Alabama many years ago.  If fact, he and I didn't realize it's been 10 years since we've since each other.  It's those kind of reunions I'm looking forward to this week.  I'm also looking forward to 75 workshops and seminars including "Blogging and Beyond".

CNN's Roland Martin During Essence Music Festival 
Of course, CNN's Roland Martin is already here and making everyone feel welcome as the unofficial "Ambassador" of the Convention. Plus, it will be cool to see Michael Baisden and George Willborn again.  Here's to a great convention and great reunions!

Keep it here for the latest with this year's convention, celebrity sightings and possibly any signs of Will Smith making it back home!!!  To The City of Brotherly Love!!!!
WFLA-TV's Rod Carter and Varion Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment