Saturday, November 5, 2011

Andy Rooney-Legendary News Man Dead at 92

BREAKING NEWS
CBS' Andy Rooney Dead at 92
Saturday, November 5, 2011

(New York, NY)--Former 60 Minutes Commentator Andy Rooney dies exactly one month after his final commentary aired on the popular news magazine.  CBS News confirms Rooney died in New York Friday night. Can't you just see it now, Andy Rooney telling St. Peter about the "oddities and or unique" things he's already observed noticed the pearly gates?

It reminds me of something another legendary "news woman"who was very instrumental in my career told me once.  Dot Moore worked well into her golden years and was determined to remain active. She told me "Varion never retire, working truly gives you something to look forward to everyday." I never forgot Dot's words and to this day and I've always declared I would only be considered "semi-retired!"  Here's to Andy Rooney and his iconic career.  If you're anything like me I simply can't imagine 60 minutes without Rooney telling me "exactly why Oranges are orange!" I'm already missing my "Rooney Fix!" Andy Rooney, a journalism legend dead at 92.  

No comments:

Post a Comment