Monday, February 11, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: HISTORY AS IT UNFOLDS!



POPE BENEDICT XVI TO RESIGN



(Vatican City)-- Wow, I thought I was dreaming overnight when this came in as breaking news.  This morning, I discover it's true, Pope Benedict has announced he is resigning February 28th.  The Pope points to his failing health.  He says he no longer feels he is strong enough to be the "top leader"of the Catholic church. 


This is stunning news for Catholics and Non-Catholics alike.  It has happened before, but not in our lifetime.  The last time a Pope resigned or left his post was more than 600 years ago.  I'm not Catholic, but I'm intrigued!  It's going to be interesting to see how colleagues at the networks will cover or "UNCOVER" this one.  One things for sure, this will be the most talked about story of the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment